Awww this was a hard post to put together, Pia turns one and we can’t deal! Is it not incredible to witness a little human quickly grow and develop In just 365 days?? I mean this girl couldn’t lift her head up a few months ago and now she’s nearly walking and mimicking every sound we make.
Pia’s One Year Recap:
- She LOVES her dog Mac. He gets a bite of everything she eats. We are saving lots of mula on dog food since he’s basically transitioned to a human diet. Oh Lord
- Anytime she hears the FaceTime ring tone she runs to the phone and sits patiently as someone answers. Typically Nana and Grandpa.
- She has Daddy’s legs… long and skinny.
- She only laughs out loud if we tickle her belly button or scare her.
- Eating rain drops is hilarious to her.
- Whole wheat bread seems to be the only thing she will consistently eat.
- We may be biased but she’s the funniest little human ever.
She was more into playing with the cake than eating it. She is so her daddy’s girl.
Look at this goof ball…
We chose a healthier, less/ no sugar cake for Pia seeing how we’ve hardly exposed her to sugar. Instead of having her bounce off the walls from a sugar overload, we decided to hide a group of nutritious yums inside one Pia sized cake.
SMASH CAKE RECIPE:
For the cake:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
For The Frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract
Did you do a smash cake for your baby? How did they react to sweets for the first time??